Corporate Social Responsibility & Team BuildingJune 28, 2023
How Wiser Strategies Has Helped Me GrowJuly 24, 2023
Today, websites are typically the first look the public gets into your business. Making sure a website stays updated and grows with the company is important to the growth of any business.
Whether a website needs to be updated in terms of design and copy, or it needs to be built from scratch, there are a few things that should be done – and should be avoided – in every situation.
Here are some DOS when updating or creating a website:
- Find your inspiration. Whether this comes from researching websites in a similar industry or thinking up a design on your own, it is important to know what you are looking for in the final product.
- Gather the information. Make sure you have all the information needed before moving into the developing stage.
- Double-check your work. When writing down the new copy for the website, designing the layout, and making edits, be sure to verify the information for accuracy. It is always good to have an extra set of eyes on it as well, if possible.
- Focus on the function. When people come to a website, most of the time they are looking for specific information. Making it as easy as possible for them to find that information will improve people’s experience on the website and keep them coming back for more.
Here are some things to avoid when working on a website:
- Making complicated edits. If there is something that needs to be edited on a website and you are not exactly sure how to carry out the change, it is best to call on a professional for help.
- Losing information. Be sure to write down all usernames and passwords for the website to avoid a complicated situation in the future.
- Skipping out on routine maintenance and backups. Having the proper coverage and back up processes in place can help save big headaches down the line.
- Put off reviewing information. In order to ensure all information on the website is correct, it is best to review information as it comes in.
One other thing to remember is that websites can be fun! Bringing a vision to life for the better of the business or community the website will be for is a fun experience. Let it be!
If you are looking to update your website, or start from the beginning, give us a call today.